Sunday, June 22, 2008

Need a car? See Mike or Bud

Bagott Motors has served the Palouse area for some 79 years. The business has survived fire, flood and economic times both good and bad. Yesterday when I was in Palouse I spoke briefly with Mike Bagott. He told me that the business has recently forgone the sales of new vehicles to concentrate on the sales and service of pre-owned vehicles.

Hey, that makes good sense. I am something of a “car nut” myself, and I fully appreciate how tough it is for any small dealership to make any money on new car sales. The smaller dealerships make their money through the sale of the vehicles that they take in trade and in the service of the cars that they have sold.

The Bagotts have earned the loyalty of the many people that they have served over the years. Their contribution to the community of Palouse in terms of economic impact and personal service has been huge. If you are in the market for a car or truck or if your present vehicles need service, you would be doing yourself a favor to contact Mike or Bud Bagott.

No comments: